Authors: Beetham, H.; Sharpe, R.
Publication Type: Book
Publication Year: 2007
Incorporating a variety of contexts – face-to-face, self-directed, blended and distance learning modes – this book examines different perspectives on effectively designing and delivering learning activities to ensure that future development is pedagogically sound, learner focused and accessible. It considers key topics including:
- specific activities for achieving learning outcomes
- classifies and clarifies technologies’ uses for learning and role in educational design
- current systems and future developments
- learners’ competencies and approaches
- designing for mobile technologies
- practitioner development
- sustainability, organisational barriers and learning communities
Illustrated by case studies from the disciplines and with a helpful appendix of tools and resources for researchers, practitioners and teachers, this book is an essential guide to effective design and implementation of sound e-learning activities
APA Reference: Beetham, H., & Sharpe, R. (2007). Rethinking pedagogy for a digital age: designing and delivering e-learning. New York: Routledge.